I recently saw a Facebook post (from December 2013) of a father in Michigan that caught a 20 year old pedophile attempting to have sex with his 13 year old daughter. As I watched it, my heart dropped for a couple of different reasons.
- First because I have an older daughter to which I wasn’t there for her in early years of her life, and even struggle with a relationship today and I trembled at the thought of not being there to protect her.
- I have younger daughters that I am here for and that I trembled at wondering if I’ve done everything in my power to protect them from past, current and future dangers.
If you are a fatherless or fatherfull daughter these are five things regardless of your relationship with your father or other men in your life you should know for your own protection.
- Fathers don’t care about either dying or going to jail to protect your innocence; irregardless of your relationship.
- You will never be too old to be Daddy’s Little Girl.
- Love should not cost you something you aren’t ready to give.
- If you can’t tell somebody about what you are about to do, then you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
- Yes, you are smart, strong, independent, beautiful; ALL DAT! But that means nothing if you are ready to circumvent that for love and attention in the wrong place and with the wrong people.
- Bonus…Seek wise counsel from men who want nothing but the best for you; and for nothing in return.
This brother in Michigan was able to catch it before it happened. It doesn’t happen this way all the time. More frequently, if it does happen, she doesn’t tell you. This should make you think.