Just in case you’ve been losing faith in feminism and politics this week, President Obama signed the Babies Act on Friday, making it a requirement that baby changing stations be made available in all bathrooms of public buildings, even the men’s room. Because dads need to change diapers, too. It’s not much to counteract say, presidential nominees talking about grabbing women by their genitals, but sometimes it’s best to focus on the little things. Like men being able to change their own baby’s diaper in a public restroom.
Posted by Fathers Incorporated
Fathers Incorporated (FI) is a national, non-profit organization working to build stronger families and communities through the promotion of Responsible Fatherhood. Established in 2004, FI has a unique seat at the national table, working with leaders in the White House, Congress, U.S. Department of Health & Human Services, Family Law, and the Responsible Fatherhood Movement. FI works collaboratively with organizations around the country to identify and advocate for social and legislative changes that lead to healthy father involvement with children, regardless of the father’s marital or economic status, or geographic location. From employment and incarceration issues, to child support and domestic violence, FI addresses long-standing problems to achieve long-term results for children, their families, the communities, and nation in which they live.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)