Through the years we have had strong yet beautiful images of Black fathers on television. For no particular reason we just decided to share our favorite because you can never highlight that Black Fatherhood is real and relevant. Further, these men although TV characters serve as models on what fatherhood for Black men looks like. All of these men had their own unique way of loving their kids and family. With a healthy balance of humor and seriousness, they highlight that we love our children the only way we know how or have been shown.
From top left to bottom right:
- Malik (Detectives J.C. Williams; New York Undercover) Yoba
- John (Pops; Wayans Bros) Witherspoon
- James (Uncle Phil; Fresh Prince of Bel Air) Avery
- Damon (Michael; My Wife and Kids) Wayans
- Sherman (George Jefferson; The Jeffersons) Hemsley
- Michael (Worf; Star Trek Enterprise) Dorn
- Redd (Fred Sanford; Sanford and Son) Foxx
- John (James Evans; Good Times) Amos
- George (George; Lopez Show) Lopez
- Avery (Commander Benjamin Sisko; Deep Space Nine) Brooks
- Terry (Julius; Everybody Hates Chris) Crews
Tell us who we’re missing? If there is enough maybe we will do a second list.